Cheesy Bacon Chicken Fingers
An oven-baked version of your favorite guilty pleasure...
1 Package SVO Farmer Focus Chicken Tenders (14oz)
1/4 Teaspoon salt
3/4 Cup panko bread crumbs
3/4 Cup Cheddar cheese, shredded finely
3 Slices Nitrate Free bacon, cooked crisp, crumbled
Pizza Dip-3/4 cup pizza sauce
Pizza Dip-1/2 cup Italian blend cheese, shredded
Prep the chicken coating:
1. Preheat oven to 400º. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Beat the egg and salt in a shallow bowl, combine panko bread crumbs, shredded cheese and bacon bits on a plate.
Make the Pizza Dip:
3. Mix pizza sauce and cheese in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and microwave again for 1 minute, stirring halfway through, until cheese melts and it’s heated through.
Bread the chicken and bake:
4. Add the tenders to the egg mixture and stir to combine, then coat the pieces in the breading mixture, press to coat on all sides. Arrange them on the cookie sheet in a single layer with a bit of space between each piece.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, turn after 5 minutes or when chicken is golden brown on top. Check that chicken is no longer pink in center and topping is golden brown.