- USDA Organic Hand Cut
- Farmer Owned Free Range
- Fed an All Vegetable Diet
- No Animal Byproducts or Antibiotics EVER
- Certified Humane Raised & Handled
- Non GMO Project Verified
This product was prepared from inspected and passed meat and/or poultry. Some foods product may contain bacteria that could cause illness if the product is mishandled or cooked improperly. For your protection, follow these safe handling instructions.
Keep refrigerated or frozen. Thaw in refrigerator or microwave.
Keep hot foods hot. Refrigerate leftovers immediately or discard.
Cook throughly. Minimum cook temperature 165 degrees.
Keep raw meat and poultry separate from other foods. Wash working surfaces (including cutting boards), utencils and hands after touching raw meat or poultry.
Serving Size 4oz (112g). Serving Per Container Varies.
Amount Per Serving
|Calories 140||Calories from Fat 25|
% Daily Value*
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Vitamin A: 0%||Calcium: 0%|
|Vitamin C: 0%||Iron: 2%|
*Percent Daily Valuess are based on a 2,000 calories diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Saturated Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Calories per gram:
|Fat: 9||Carbohydrate: 4||Protein: 4|
Farmer Focus™ Chicken Skillet Combo
A quick and easy grilled combo served directly from the cast iron skillet
- 2 Servings
- 1 Whole Farmer Focus Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, halved, pounded to 3/4 inch
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Fresh Rosemary, 2 sprigs
- 2 baby eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 radicchio leaves
Adapted from a recipe that originally appeared in Food & Wine magazine.
Marinate the chicken:
- Combine marinade in a small bowl – 4 teaspoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons mustard and rosemary; put in a plastic bag, add chicken breasts and distribute the marinade with your fingers. Refrigerate 1 – 4 hours.
Prep the vegetables:
- Score the eggplant halves in a diamond pattern, sprinkle lightly with salt, put cut-side down on a plate and set aside.
- Brush the cut sides of the zucchini and tomatoes – each with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, set aside.
- Put a slice of mozzarella on each radicchio leaf, fold the leaf into a package, brush with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil and set aside.
Heat the skillet ; grill veggies and chicken:
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator. With a paper towel, pat the eggplant halves dry, brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and put into the skillet. Cook, turning until they are soft and nicely browned, about 10 minutes. Remove to a platter.
- Put the zucchini in the skillet and cook, turning until nicely browned, 3 – 4 minutes. Remove to platter, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the tomatoes in the skillet, cut sides down and brown for about a minute, Remove to the platter and season to taste.
- Put the chicken breasts in the skillet, marinade should be generous; cook for 2 minutes, turn and cook 1 minute or until nicely browned on both sides. The marinade will become a golden crust. Remove to the platter.
- Put the radicchio leaves in the skillet, seam side down, cook for a minute on the first side, turn them.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, arrange the chicken breasts with the vegetables around them and serve.